What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents are nothing to take lightly. Motorcycles are dangerous machines, and they pose a threat not only to the rider, but also those sharing the road. For both personal and legal reasons, it’s important that you seek compensation should you become involved in a motorcycle accident: personal if you’re injured, and legal so others know that your rights will be protected.
The skilled and caring motorcycle accident attorneys at Roark, Hull & Wortham have the experience and knowledge of Texas laws necessary to provide the legal representation you need from a personal injury lawyer to ensure you receive the compensation that you are rightfully due in the event of a motorcycle accident.
There are several steps to take after a motorcycle accident has occurred:
- Request medical attention as soon as possible following any type of motorcycle accident or personal injury incident. If injuries go untreated, they may worsen over time and become more difficult for doctors to treat later on.
- Call police as soon as possible to file an official report about the accident; this is essential for tracking down witnesses and collecting information.
- Keep records of all personal medical expenses, such as hospital visits and medications, in case you need them later on when discussing compensation with insurance companies or our truck accident attorneys .
- Photograph any personal injuries that may show up later; this is especially important if your injuries don’t appear right away or they’re not visible to others without a detailed explanation.
- Ask any witnesses (such as passengers riding in your motorcycle) for their names and contact information so you can contact them again if needed, such as during the investigation phase
If you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault or you suspect someone isn’t carrying adequate coverage to pay for all your expenses (such as meds and doctor visits) during your recovery period , contact our Austin motorcycle accident lawyers to discuss filing a personal injury claim. It could be helpful to get advice even if you do have insurance; personal injury attorneys can review documents related to your motorcycle accident and personal injury.
If personal injury attorneys believe another party is at fault for the accident, they might ask that person to pay for damages related to medical bills and pain and suffering (such as lost wages from days missed at work). Damages are paid out in a variety of ways depending on the personal injury settlement – generally through insurance companies or directly from individuals found responsible.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a motorcycle accident, there is no worse feeling than not receiving the compensation that your injuries demand. In Austin, Texas alone we have seen claimants receive tens of thousands less than they deserve after being denied by their own insurance company! You need legal representation from an Austin motorcycle accident injury lawyer to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve, get a FREE CASE EVALUATION now!
You’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident while riding on public roads or highways due to no fault of your own. You’re not sure who was at fault, but understand that it’s important to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, personal damages and pain and suffering. Contact the Austin motorcycle accident lawyers at Roark, Hull & Wortham today for a FREE case review.